April 24, 2011

A Week In Banff

This past week Helene and I taught programs at the Professional Photographers of Canada Conference in Banff. We had a nice time there and the Canadian Photographers were great hosts. We stayed at the Banff Springs Hotel that is pretty much a castle in the mountains built by the railroad company back in the 1880’s. The scenery was beautiful both inside and outside of the hotel. We would both like to thank our sponsors Booth Photographic, Adobe, and onOne Software for helping us present our photography classes here.

... Click on image to enlarge ...







You don’t have to travel far in this area to see the wildlife. It’s just roaming around the town.






Here are some of Helene's images that she did while we were there. Aways on the lookout for good material for her fine art and greeting cards. Our new friends Heather and Sandy drove us up to Lake Louise for some landscape photography in the snow.

When I wasn't teaching, I found myself working away on retouching product images I brought with me to finish up from Atlanta. At least the view from my window was good....


Sandy and I walk out on the frozen Lake for a better shooting angle on the glacier.

Not looking forward to next months cell phone bill......









We are both looking forward to more visits with our friends in the Professional Photographers of Canada!


No comments: