August 26, 2010

Something Fishy Going On Here

Every time we come to teach photography in Maui, Helene and I spend so much time running around like crazy trying to photograph everything in sight that we come home more tired than when we left. This week we told ourselves when came here to teach at the Maui Photo Festival, to put the cameras down and just relax and not really try to shoot to many photos. Just kick back and recharge…. So much for that idea…. Not going to happen when you come to Maui. We took a trip on the Quicksilver Catamaran for snorkeling day at the Molokini Crater and Turtle Town. Swimming with the giant sea turtles face to face was a blast…
click images to enlarge










Now just to make sure I got some good fish photos, the next day we went to the Maui Aquarium for the afternoon and shot some fish in the tanks… No, these are defiantly are not shot while snorkeling as much as I wish I could get shots like this underwater… Maybe with a lot of practice, my underwater shots might look like these next photos one day….













Got another 1000 images to sort through of some killer sunsets and landscapes I shot this week to get up soon. Helene is teaching a hands-on 4 hour portrait class in the morning and I am teaching my montage class followed by a HDR and Panoramic class in the afternoon.... More to come ... Aloha....

No comments: